Wednesday, August 04, 2010

aisha overcome

Interview with Rhea Kapoor, the newest star-kid on the Bollywood block, about her debut film Aisha.

“I was 21 when I started,” Rhea points out her beginnings in the industry, “I was obviously retarded and foolish (laughs)…but when this project came up, dad thought I would be able to make it better. You tend to take more risks when you're younger, so that's good. All I told myself was ‘I'm going to make a kickass film',” And how! “Aisha” has drummed up a whole lot of curiosity with its almost all-woman casting coup on screen and behind it. Rhea volubly repeats that she's not made for a presence in front of the camera. “I become a caterpillar in front of the camera. My limbs don't know what to do. I mean, I can't even sit properly in this dress now as your photographer clicks away,” she says, shuffling her legs and smoothing out her little beige dress. For good measure, she adds: “I've got Anil Kapoor's face, you know, the chubby face. I don't look good in photographs… I'm not comfortable marketing myself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment