Sunday, February 08, 2009

25 Random Things

I generally don’t do tags. But I’ve not blogged in quite some time so what the hell. Twenty five is a big number. Let me see how much time it takes me to do this.
  1. I have gray hair.
  2. Reading books is a way of life for me.
  3. I’m a big fan of A R Rahman and Star Trek.
  4. I’m a complete linux junkie. I spend an inordinate amount of time playing around with linux, reading news and articles about FOSS.
  5. I spend a lot of time online. Lord Google know me. Search for my name in google and you’ll know what I mean.
  6. I like trying out different kinds of food. I have always been a food theorist – always knew how a certain kind of food was cooked. That’s why I never faced much problem in learning how to cook. I daresay I enjoy cooking.
  7. Science Fiction and Fantasy is the biggest passion.
  8. Writing code gives me near visceral pleasure.
  9. When I was in school, I invented a script of my own.
  10. I had read the Feynman Lectures in physics in high school.
  11. I fell in love for the first time at the age of 16.
  12. Some of the most powerful emotional experiences I’ve had have been at Khajuraho and Konark temples.
  13. The Lord of the Rings and American Gods are the only two books I’ve read more than once.
  14. I obsessively maintain a collection of Bollywood actress wallpapers.
  15. I obsessively type capitals and punctuations everywhere – chat, email, blog, TODO lists. Everywhere.
  16. That’s because I’m a touch typist.
  17. I enjoy typing. There have been times when I’ve just typed random things to feel the keys under my fingers.
  18. I enjoy writing on paper. There have been times when I’ve just written down random things to feel the pen move against paper.
  19. But I enjoy writing on paper only with a fountain pen.
  20. I love reading horoscopes.
  21. If you take me to an ice cream shop, I’m very likely to have a flavour that I’ve never had.
  22. I enjoy walking.
  23. I’m easily intimidated by people, both men and women.
  24. I tend to get uncharacteristically rude and downright insulting while having ideological discussions.
  25. I hate poetry. Detest it in all its form. I think a world without poems will be a much better place to live in. Ironically, almost all of my close friends are good poets.

11 comments:

  1. I hate poetry too..and if you take me for an ice cream i'm likely to pick a flavor by the color and my mood at that time...
    this is a nice post...fun to read...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Deepa -- Okay you're tagged then. You have to do it too now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice read indeed.
    Doesn't look like random scribbling at all..
    Held my attention till the end..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ NIKKIEE - I spend too much time thinking about myself. After 24 years of living, these things would not be random at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And this is not random! I knew pretty much everything you listed here. Give me a new scoop. Not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Instinctivecuriosity - I don't have anything new. I'm not the sort who keeps secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have expressed yourself very nicely. Fun to read this post :)..

    I too hate poetry. It will only irritate me !

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ vaniquest - Thanks for dropping by. You're blog is good. Very similar in spirit to mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since you are a linux fan, you might like the following blog or maybe you know more than the author. go ahead, have a look -
    http://itsanimesh.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Anji - Thanks for the link! It is definitely good to link with other linux users.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah this blogger happens to be my kid brother. He's a big fan of Linux. Member of some linux inter college society kinda thing. Personally, I have never dabbled into it.

    ReplyDelete