Friday, July 11, 2008

A Night of Weird Dreams

Had some really very weird dreams last night.

1. I want to buy a bike. Brother comes home with the news that they are selling them real cheap somewhere. It is the cheapest deal that we can get at the time. I withdraw money from my bank account but that's not enough. I take some from the heap that mummy has stashed away in her almirah. We go and buy the bike, for some forty thousand rupees. When the bill comes, I remember to check the specks of the bike. It's a real stupid deal. The bike isn't powerful and and the mileage sucks.

Next, my mother and I are riding behind someone (who I think is my uncle) on a very steep road. I mean very steep, something like seventy degrees. The bike speeds and then the tires lose their grip. We fall into the valley below, straight down.

I wake up.

2. Some sort of alien bugs have attacked the city. They can fly and they sting. One of them has stung me in the lower abdomen. For some reason, I'm washing the spot with water and it starts becoming white and there's a circle marking the spot on my skin. Someone says that the water is making it grow. Suddenly the spot pops out like a flower and glob of white flesh pops out. It's the cocoon in which the bug is growing, I guess.

I suddenly find myself in an outhouse with giant windows. A grown up bug, nearly as big as a human being is outside and we are desperately trying to close the windows as the bug moves from one to another, trying to get in. In the end, we just run out the gate and enter something that resembles a temple courtyard. People are running out through a doorway decorated with bells etc. We turn to look and a truckload of giant spiders is moving towards us.

I wake up.

There was another one about a close friend being accused of committing communal violence but I don't remember that one as vividly.

Freud fans - would you care to try your hands at these?

7 comments:

  1. I think you are feeling insecure. You need emotional security. Don't sleep alone. Go, get a girl, and make Freud proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coincidentally, I went into a store today too, to buy a bike. At the bike shop, there were bikes selling for more than $1000. So forty thousand rupees wasn't all that far off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Swetank - Ha ha.

    @ Lekhni - Well, forty isn't really much for a bike, in fact, you'll have to pay as much for any decent one. Vaise, you are talking about motorized bikes, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about Freud but the falling dream is a very common one - http://www.dreammoods.com/cgibin/fallingdreams.pl?method=exact&header=dreamid&search=fallingintro.
    They've even given one a Freudian interpretation here.

    Big bugs -- scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Anirudh - Thanks for that link. The big-bug dream can be classified as a 'chase dream' on the same site. As Swetank says, and as both these dreams indicate, I'm feeling insecure. Given my present situation, that's not surprising. Have no idea what to do about it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe... I have such dreams, but usually I'm the one who's doing the damage :P I had on last week in which anyone I touched died then and there, and I couldn't get why it was happening so I went around touching everyone :P I think I killed everyone I could think of in my sleep. I feel I might be a very disturbed person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Ankit - you are a very disturbed and dangerous person. There's no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete