Saturday, October 21, 2006

More Rotoscoping

As my research has revealed, what I'm calling rotoscoping is not rotoscoping at all but only a small part of it. However, I'll keep calling it that. The idea is to transform real images in such a way that they appear to be drawn by an artist. So some futher progress has been made.

1. Color rotoscoping has been acheived.
2. The edges are coming out better now. They are not yet perfect but are better.

Some samples are given below.



I think I'm satified with the way the fill is coming out. I can get both 'flat' fills and more textured ones like the ones in these samples. Edges still need a lot of improvement so further work would concentrate on that.

Some people have asked for the details of this work. Please contact me personally. I cannot post the technical details on the blog for the fear of plagiarism.

1 comment: